Second lockdown update 03/11/20: The Job Support Scheme / Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme has been extended for the second lockdown – please see full extension details here.
30th November 2020 is the last day you can submit claims for periods ending on or before 31st October 2020
- The furlough scheme changed each month from 1st July until 31st October – check what you can claim
- The Job Support Scheme (JSS) begins on the 1st November and will run for 6 months – for more information regarding the new JSS, the government have produced a pretty useful factsheet
- The Grant covers a third of hours not worked up to a cap
- Employers must have a PAYE scheme and must have included an employee for which they make a claim on an RTI submission on or before 23rd September 2020.
- Expanded JSS Scheme opens 1st November for those businesses forced to close due to Covid-restrictions (announced on the 9th October)
- Government will pay two thirds of employees’ salaries
- Cash grants for businesses required to close in local lockdowns
- Expanded JSS Factsheet provides more detail around this