Deal or no deal, the way people live and work will be different.
- People planning to move between the UK and EU to live, work, or retire will no longer be automatically allowed to do so
- The UK will apply a points-based immigration system to EU citizens
- Travel rules are changing, so check your passport is still valid, that you have health insurance and the right driving documents
- The UK will no longer make big annual payments towards the EU’s budget
- Arrivals from the UK will stand in a different queue at passport control in EU countries
- Businesses trading with the EU will face a lot more paperwork