Second lockdown update 03/11/20: A third round of the SEISS grant has been announced, please see the full details here.
The second round of the SEISS grant scheme closes this Monday 19th October
- 1st round Opened 13th May 2020 and closed 13th July 2020 and was potentially worth £7,500
- 2nd round opened 17th August 2020 and closes on the 19th October 2020 and is potentially worth £6,570 – Updated guidance and how to claim – you can make a claim for a second grant, even if you didn’t claim the first grant
- SEISS grant scheme extended with a further 2 rounds opening up
- Extension Round 1 from November 2020 to April 2021 and is potentially worth a maximum of £1,875
- Extension Round 2 from the start of February until the end of April – the level of this grant is under review
You can claim for the SEISS if you are a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership and all of the following apply:
- You are carrying on a trade that has been adversely affected by Coronavirus at each of the grant qualifying dates;
- You traded in the tax year 2018-2019 and submitted a Self-Assessment tax return on or before 23 April 2020 for that year;
- You traded in the tax year 2019-2020;
- You intended to continue to trade in the tax year 2020-2021;
- You have trading profits of less than £50,000 and more than half of your total income comes from self-employment.
Remember that the grants are treated as taxable self-employment income.
If you are unsure of your eligibility or need support making a claim we are here to help.