We know that this is a time of unprecedented uncertainty for businesses across all sectors and we at CGA will continue to work with all clients to update, advise and provide support during this time.
We are sending out regular updates via email, sign up here.
The team are currently working from home, with Chelle and Claire working from the office. All team members can be reached by email and the office landline is the first point of telephone contact.
The office is closed to visitors. We are contacting clients to rearrange meetings to either an alternative communication option or a revised date – we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause but are fairly sure you will be 100% supportive of this action.
Business support: new Government website
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. With frequent updates and information in different places, it can feel overwhelming at this time. A new government website has launched to help businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
The Chancellor has set out various packages of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19 and continues to do so.
We have therefore taken the guidance as published by the government and added more specific detail to each section and will continue to update each section as more information is provided with regard to how the package of support offered by the Government will be distributed/accessed.
The links below will take you to the relevant pages on our website, which we will keep updated on a regular basis:
- Coronavirus Loan Schemes Extended The loan schemes have been extended to 31st January 2021Apply for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – Guidance Apply for a coronavirus Bounce Back Loan – Guidance
- New Grant Announced for businesses forced to close in second lockdownBusinesses who are forced to close under the second national lockdown, which comes into force on Thursday, will be entitled to a new tiered grant […]
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) Grant extendedThe government is increasing its support to the self-employed over the coming months and ensuring people get paid faster than previously planned, it was announced […]
- Coronavirus Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme extendedOn 31 October the CJRS was extended until December and the JSS that was due to commence on 1 November was postponed. The new Job […]
- COVID-19: Arrangements for continued provision of services by CGAWe know that this is a time of unprecedented uncertainty for businesses across all sectors and we at CGA will continue to work with all […]
- Job Support Scheme (JSS) – what we know so far….Second lockdown update 03/11/20: The new Job Support Scheme (JSS), which was the government’s replacement wage support scheme, had been set to launch on 1 […]
- Apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant: 29 or less job placementsThe Government describes the scheme as an ‘innovative way to help young people into work and spur Britain’s economic revival’. It was officially launched on Wednesday. […]
- Reduced rate of 5% VAT for hospitality, holiday accommodation and attractionsThe hospitality and leisure industries as we all know, have been severely affected by the Coronavirus pandemic. To help businesses in these sectors to get […]
- HMRC Deferred Payments UpdateVAT On the 24th September the chancellor announced that businesses who deferred VAT due from 20th March to 30th June 2020 will now have the […]
- Home Sweet Home – Homeworking and Tax Relief for EmployeesWorking from home may be an attractive option for some employees, however in the light of Covid, for some employees this is now the only […]
- The job retention bonus schemeHow it works and what employers should do now. HMRC has released further guidance for employers about the job retention bonus scheme, together with a […]
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme SummarySecond lockdown update 03/11/20: A third round of the SEISS grant has been announced, please see the full details here. The second round of the […]
- Update on Covid-19 SME Grants – Register your interest nowSmall and medium sized businesses will have access to grants of between £1,000 – £5,000 to help them access new technology and other equipment in […]
- Kickstart Scheme – A Guide for Employers?In July 2020, Rishi Sunak announced the Government’s “plan for jobs,” with yet further Government investment being ploughed into helping the economy in the wake […]
- Autumn Budget 2020: when is it and what will it contain?We don’t know exactly when the Autumn Budget will be, as the Treasury hasn’t set a date. The earliest it will happen is ‘mid to […]
- COVID-19: Changes to Coronavirus Job Retention SchemePlease note: An article on the Job Retention Bonus has been posted since this article was published – please click here to view this article […]
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Job Retention BonusFurther details of how jobs will be protected through the government’s new Job Retention Bonus were unveiled by HMRC on the 31st July. The bonus […]
- VAT – a few updates – Even if your business is not VAT RegisteredMaking Tax Digital deadlines, VAT payments deferral scheme and digital links Making Tax digital will be: Extended to vat registered businesses with turnover below the […]
- Planning for the new normalThis has and will continue to be one of the most extraordinary events to impact on our business and personal lives, things will never be […]
- COVID-19: Update to Coronavirus Job Retention SchemePlease note: An article on the Job Retention Bonus has been posted since this article was published – please click here to view this article […]
- [DOWNLOAD] COVID-19: Self-employment Income Support SchemePlease note: This scheme has been extended and you may be eligible to claim a Second Self-employment Income Support Grant – please click here to […]
- COVID-19: Top-up to local business grant funds schemeA discretionary fund has been set up to accommodate certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the business grant funds scheme. (Published 02/05/2020) The […]
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Bounce Back LoanSecond lockdown update 03/11/20: The loan schemes have been extended to 31st January 2021 – read full update here. Five weeks after lockdown, the UK […]
- [DOWNLOAD] COVID-19: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Furlough Letter TemplateHMRC Guidance can be found here. The guidance was updated on the 15th April with new eligibility dates, bringing in some previously excluded employees that began […]
- COVID-19: Tax Reliefs to Support HomeworkingHomeworking allowance The homeworking allowance was increased at the Spring Budget from £4 to £6 a week (or £26 a month) with effect from 6 […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses that pay business ratesSecond lockdown update 03/11/20: A new grant has been announced for businesses forced to close in second lockdown – read full update here. Support for […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses paying taxAll businesses and self-employed people in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, may be eligible to receive support with their tax affairs through HMRC’s […]
- COVID-19: A Checklist for Businesses Affected by COVID-19A Checklist for Businesses Affected by COVID-19 – key actions to take and contingency plans to make These urgent actions apply to businesses and companies […]
- COVID-19: Three-month mortgage payment holidays are available for those who are strugglingOn Tuesday 17 March, banks agreed with the Chancellor that they will offer ‘forbearance’ (tolerance and help) on mortgages. This means they all should offer […]