We know that this is a time of unprecedented uncertainty for businesses across all sectors and we at CGA will continue to work with all clients to update, advise and provide support during this time.
We are sending out regular updates via email, sign up here.
The team are currently working from home, with Chelle and Claire popping into the office occasionally. All team members can be reached by email and the office landline is the first point of telephone contact.
The office is closed to visitors. We are contacting clients to rearrange meetings to either an alternative communication option or a revised date – we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause but are fairly sure you will be 100% supportive of this action.
As ever Claire and I will be available on our mobiles, however, it has quickly become apparent that the mobile networks are under some pressure with the numbers of homeworkers having increased, so emails may be the best form of getting in touch.
Business support: new Government website
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. With frequent updates and information in different places, it can feel overwhelming at this time. A new government website has launched to help businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
We have therefore taken the guidance as published by the government and added more specific detail to each section and will continue to update each section as more information is provided with regard to how the package of support offered by the Government will be distributed/accessed.
The links below will take you to the relevant pages on our website, which we will keep updated on a regular basis:
- COVID-19: Update to Coronavirus Job Retention SchemeSee our previous post for full details on original scheme Closure of the first Furlough Scheme and the Opening of the Second Furlough SchemeThe full […]
- [DOWNLOAD] COVID-19: Self-employment Income Support SchemeUpdated 4th June 2020 11am: The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme will be extended – with those eligible able to claim a second and final grant […]
- COVID-19: Top-up to local business grant funds schemeA discretionary fund has been set up to accommodate certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the business grant funds scheme. (Published 02/05/2020) The […]
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Bounce Back LoanFive weeks after lockdown, the UK government has announced yet more financial support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) – this time in the form […]
- [DOWNLOAD] COVID-19: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Furlough Letter TemplateHMRC Guidance can be found here. The guidance was updated on the 15th April with new eligibility dates, bringing in some previously excluded employees that began […]
- COVID-19: Tax Reliefs to Support HomeworkingHomeworking allowance The homeworking allowance was increased at the Spring Budget from £4 to £6 a week (or £26 a month) with effect from 6 […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses that pay business ratesSupport for businesses that pay business rates We will introduce a business rates retail holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England for the […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses paying taxAll businesses and self-employed people in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, may be eligible to receive support with their tax affairs through HMRC’s […]
- COVID-19: A Checklist for Businesses Affected by COVID-19A Checklist for Businesses Affected by COVID-19 – key actions to take and contingency plans to make These urgent actions apply to businesses and companies […]
- COVID-19: Arrangements for continued provision of services by CGAWe know that this is a time of unprecedented uncertainty for businesses across all sectors and we at CGA will continue to work with all […]
- COVID-19: Three-month mortgage payment holidays are available for those who are strugglingOn Tuesday 17 March, banks agreed with the Chancellor that they will offer ‘forbearance’ (tolerance and help) on mortgages. This means they all should offer […]
- COVID-19: InsuranceBusinesses that have cover for both pandemics and government-ordered closure should be covered, as the government and insurance industry confirmed on 17 March 2020 that […]
- COVID-19: IR35 delay added to £330bn virus aid packageAs well as enhancing and extending many of the measures announced last week, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Steve Barclay announced in the House of Commons that the […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan SchemeA new temporary Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, delivered by the British Business Bank, will launch next week to support businesses to access bank lending […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses who are paying sick pay to employeesWe will bring forward legislation to allow small- and medium-sized businesses and employers to reclaim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) paid for sickness absence due to COVID-19. […]