We know that this is a time of unprecedented uncertainty for businesses across all sectors and we at CGA will continue to work with all clients to update, advise and provide support during this time.
We are sending out regular updates via email, sign up here.
The team are currently working from home, with Chelle and Claire working from the office. All team members can be reached by email and the office landline is the first point of telephone contact.
The office is closed to visitors. We are contacting clients to rearrange meetings to either an alternative communication option or a revised date – we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause but are fairly sure you will be 100% supportive of this action.
Business support: new Government website
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. With frequent updates and information in different places, it can feel overwhelming at this time. A new government website has launched to help businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
The Chancellor has set out various packages of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19 and continues to do so.
We have therefore taken the guidance as published by the government and added more specific detail to each section and will continue to update each section as more information is provided with regard to how the package of support offered by the Government will be distributed/accessed.
The links below will take you to the relevant pages on our website, which we will keep updated on a regular basis:
- Business Interruption InsuranceAs the UK national lockdowns continue, we are pleased that there is some good news for hospitality and other businesses who were closed by the […]
- Apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant: 29 or less job placementsThere has been a very welcome important change to this scheme. From 3 February 2021, employers can apply directly to the Kickstart scheme for any […]
- HMRC Deferred Payments UpdateCoronavirus VAT Deferral Scheme – January 2021 Update A new payment scheme will be opened by HMRC shortly to allow for payments of VAT originally […]
- Self-Employed Income Support Scheme SEISS – January 2021 UpdateOn 26 March 2020, the Government announced a support package for those who are self-employed or a member of a partnership and have lost income due to […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses that pay business rates 2021 updateBusiness Support Grants from January 2021 delivered by Local Authorities From the 5th January 2021 onwards, Local Authorities will be delivering The Local Restrictions Support […]
- COVID19: Coronavirus Business Loan Schemes Extended – January 2021 UpdateCoronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme The scheme helps small and medium-sized businesses to access loans and other kinds of finance up to £5 million. The […]
- Coronavirus Job Retention (Furlough) Scheme extendedJanuary 2021 Update to Furlough Scheme The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has been extended until 30 April 2021. Claims for furlough days in January 2021 […]
- Virtual Christmas parties will qualify for tax exemptionHMRC has confirmed that they will accept a virtual Christmas party as an event which is capable of falling within the tax exemption rules for […]
- New Grant Announced for businesses forced to close in second lockdownPlease note: This information has been updated and you may be eligible for further support – please click here to find out more about the […]
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) Grant extendedPlease note: This scheme has been updated and you may be eligible to claim further Self-employment Income Support Grants – please click here to find […]
- COVID-19: Arrangements for continued provision of services by CGAWe know that this is a time of unprecedented uncertainty for businesses across all sectors and we at CGA will continue to work with all […]
- Job Support Scheme (JSS) – what we know so far….Second lockdown update 03/11/20: The new Job Support Scheme (JSS), which was the government’s replacement wage support scheme, had been set to launch on 1 […]
- Reduced rate of 5% VAT for hospitality, holiday accommodation and attractionsThe hospitality and leisure industries as we all know, have been severely affected by the Coronavirus pandemic. To help businesses in these sectors to get […]
- Home Sweet Home – Homeworking and Tax Relief for EmployeesWorking from home may be an attractive option for some employees, however in the light of Covid, for some employees this is now the only […]
- The job retention bonus schemeHow it works and what employers should do now. HMRC has released further guidance for employers about the job retention bonus scheme, together with a […]
- Update on Covid-19 SME Grants – Register your interest nowSmall and medium sized businesses will have access to grants of between £1,000 – £5,000 to help them access new technology and other equipment in […]
- Kickstart Scheme – A Guide for Employers?Please note: This scheme has been updated for employers with 29 or less placements – please click here to find out more. In July 2020, […]
- Autumn Budget 2020: when is it and what will it contain?We don’t know exactly when the Autumn Budget will be, as the Treasury hasn’t set a date. The earliest it will happen is ‘mid to […]
- COVID-19: Changes to Coronavirus Job Retention SchemePlease note: An article on the Job Retention Bonus has been posted since this article was published – please click here to view this article […]
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Job Retention BonusFurther details of how jobs will be protected through the government’s new Job Retention Bonus were unveiled by HMRC on the 31st July. The bonus […]
- VAT – a few updates – Even if your business is not VAT RegisteredMaking Tax Digital deadlines, VAT payments deferral scheme and digital links Making Tax digital will be: Extended to vat registered businesses with turnover below the […]
- Planning for the new normalThis has and will continue to be one of the most extraordinary events to impact on our business and personal lives, things will never be […]
- COVID-19: Update to Coronavirus Job Retention SchemePlease note: An article on the Job Retention Bonus has been posted since this article was published – please click here to view this article […]
- [DOWNLOAD] COVID-19: Self-employment Income Support SchemePlease note: This scheme has been updated and you may be eligible to claim further Self-employment Income Support Grants – please click here to find […]
- COVID-19: Top-up to local business grant funds schemePlease note: This information has been updated and you may be eligible for further support – please click here to find out more about the […]
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Bounce Back LoanSecond lockdown update 03/11/20: The loan schemes have been extended to 31st January 2021 – read full update here. Five weeks after lockdown, the UK […]
- [DOWNLOAD] COVID-19: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Furlough Letter TemplateHMRC Guidance can be found here. The guidance was updated on the 15th April with new eligibility dates, bringing in some previously excluded employees that began […]
- COVID-19: Tax Reliefs to Support HomeworkingHomeworking allowance The homeworking allowance was increased at the Spring Budget from £4 to £6 a week (or £26 a month) with effect from 6 […]
- COVID-19: Support for businesses paying taxAll businesses and self-employed people in financial distress, and with outstanding tax liabilities, may be eligible to receive support with their tax affairs through HMRC’s […]